Friday, July 24, 2009

My Longing


I long for the day when Jesus comes back personally to claim his own. I long for the day when I am fully free from sin and am able to fully and freely worship my Lord. I am tired of this world and its agenda and wish for the eyes of multitudes to be opened rather than just a few at a time. I long for holiness, without which no man will see the Lord. I long to be free from this body of death. I am so thirsty for the fullness of God and long to be filled to overflowing with the fullness of His Holy Spirit. I long for the day when there is no more pain, no more sorrow and no more tears. Mostly for my family and friends. It hurts me when they hurt. For 31 years now I have walked with the Lord, and my faith seems weakest in times of prosperity. Not that I am not happy. I am. Normally. But my walk is just not as consistent. What a weakness. Weakness after weakness. Oh to be free. To be with Him, forever. Until then, I fear that years may pass before I am any wit like the Lord Jesus. He is worthy of His reward.

No comments:

Post a Comment