Friday, May 29, 2009

Rockport Worship

Aaron is busy and was supposed to preach this Sunday in the evening service, so I guess I am going to go ahead and bring what I planned on bringing at a later date on the subject of worship at Rockport. Specifically, the "Rationale and Theology for our Worship Services and why Passionate Worship is Biblical". I started to go into why passionate worship is the only biblical way to worship, but for fear of being misunderstood, I am going to keep that portion to biblical models of passionate worship. I realize that everyone is different and everyone expresses themselves differently, so I don't want it to seem like I am trying to force anything on anyone. The joy of passionate worship is that we get to enjoy the Lord in our worship as children worshiping at the feet of their Father.
I have always been thrilled when my children play together in front of me. I could watch them for hours. They do it for their own enjoyment, yet I also enjoy it. There are many times when I have thought that I was the one enjoying it most. Even now, when my children are grown, I love watching them have fun together. It thrills me to no end to see them laughing with glee together at something. In particular as it relates to what is nearest to my heart, namely, the Lord Jesus Christ. As they wonder at God's wonders and ways and thrill at the adventure of a life of faith, I get absolutely filled with joy.
Our Father is the same way. I am sure, if He could wonder, He would wonder, why His children don't seem more thrilled with the words they are singing about Him. Did He not make them the emotional creatures that they are?
Anyway, the theological basis for my thoughts are seriously interesting.

This Sunday AM we are going to be using:

Hallelujah! What A Savior! Hymn 175

Fountain of Grace

A Glorious Sacrifice - This is a song I wrote.

Jesus I Am Resting, Resting - we will do a new version of this great old Hymn

You Are My King (Amazing Love)

I Love You Lord (with extra verse by John Piper)



I am pretty pumped for next Sunday. It is our monthly dinner on the grounds Sunday. We call it Fellowship Sunday around here. But we eat at church after the services. We are going to be using all Southern Gospel Music for Worship. I am trying to eliminate from the list those songs that seem to be "gospel light." I have eliminated quite a few that I used to very willing to do. I'm going to be getting the banjo out for this one. Should be a great and fun day.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the song selection, it was nice to hear and sing some of the songs that were so familiar. I think many worshipers felt that way during the service. The banjo wasn't too bad either!

    ReplyDelete